Friday, October 18, 2013

Ponderings

Every now and then I have these moments of extreme clarity, when I realize:  Wow!  I actually have a living being growing inside me!  What a miracle!  It is a few-times-in-a-lifetime (if you're one of the lucky ones) experience.  I feel very blessed.

I try hard to hold on to that perspective and remember it always.  But it can be hard. Life gets in the way.  There are other moments when I find myself wishing away the next few months before baby brother gets here; pregnancy can be pretty miserable and exhausting at times.  But so can being a mother of a newborn, or being a mother of a toddler, or of a preschooler, or a house full of grown-up kids for that matter!

I know we hear it often--so often that it has almost become cliche.  But we can't afford to wish our lives away, especially not as mothers.  Because the truth is that these next few months--not to mention the next few years and decades--are going to fly by.  This is said so often because it is a powerful and universal truth; life is short and precious.  Use it wisely.  Appreciate it fully.  Enjoy it thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment